A LADY BY THE SEA

A LADY BY THE SEA

Monday 26 January 2009

I am/We are Australian.
Photobucket
Standing: Green Frog, Emu, Kangaroo.
Sitting: Koala, Wombat, Platypus, Possum


We Are Australian.
We are one but we are many
And from all the lands on earth we come
We share a dream and sing with one voice
I am
You are
We are Australian -Chorus

I came from the dream time
From the dusty red soil plains
I am the ancient heart
The keeper of the flame
I stood upon the rocky shore
I watched the tall ships come
For forty thousand years I'd been
The first Australian

I came upon the prison ship
Bowed down by iron chains
I cleared the land, endured the lash
And waited for the rains
I'm a settler, I'm a farmer's wife
In a dry and barren run
A convict then free man
I became Australian

I'm the daughter of a digger
Who sought the mother lode
The girl became a woman
On a long and dusty road
I'm a child of the depression
I saw the good times come
I'm a bushy
I'm a battler
I am Australian

I'm a teller of stories
I'm a singer of songs
I am Albert Namajera
And I paint the ghostly gums
I'm Clancy on his horse
I'm Ned Kelly on the run
I'm the one who waltzed Matilda
I am Australian

I'm the hot wind from the desert
I'm the black soil of the plains
I'm the mountains and the valleys
I'm the drought and flooding rains
I am the rock, I am the sky
The rivers when they run
The spirit of the great land

I am an Australian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_Australian

2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

Australia day? I should BE in Australia for Australia day. What a rip off!!!!!!

*sigh* some day!

Dina Roberts said...

I love that song!