A LADY BY THE SEA

A LADY BY THE SEA

Thursday 21 January 2010

On Monday I dropped into Erina Fair,  on the way home from work to pick up some milk and bread. Naturally, I checked out the sales on offer before I ventured into Woolies, I had a little wander around the Myer store and I had a look at the Netbooks that were on sale, one particular one - a ASUS eee PC Seashell 1005PE  with 160GB  HHD  reduced from $499 down to $399 because it was a demo,  I checked to see what OS it had 
- XP was installed.


Not one to grab and buy. I rang my son to see what he thought not having any idea about Netbooks. He said it sounded a good deal, so went back to  have another chat with nice salesman and encountered his pushy co-worker
 - told him ... no way -  I want my original salesman. 


Original salesman with beaming smile went to collect a new Netbook from stock, on returning he said he made a mistake! this one had a Win 7 Starter OS and 250GB HHD and he would give it to me for the same price. YAY. 
Photobucket
So far the Netbook has had pride of place on dining table, I have been so busy this week that I am waiting for the weekend to have a play..Woohoo. My desktop computer is 5 years old with XP so this will be a dream  to use, I plan on using it mainly for my family history research and saving all my family photos.


Don't you just love New Year sales.

1 comment:

val said...

Congratulations! One thing I love more than new gadgets is new gadgets at bargain prices.

When I got my first digital camcorder, the shop manager had put the wrong camera and its description next to a much smaller price tag. When I bought it, they got a new one out which wasn't as good, so I took it back.That's when they noticed their mistake and gave me the one I had thought I was getting. It was hundreds of pounds cheaper!